Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Grease around Stove (Impossible to Remove)

On 1 May 2007 17:40:30 -0700, thehick wrote:

I am cleaning up a rental (you know what that means) apartment
and the grease on the walls around the stove is proving very
difficult to remove. Tried: Baking Soda, TSP, Dishwashing
Detergent, Bleach, WD40, Lysol, Spray Nine. Tomorrow I'll
try Dunk (automotive degreaser). It just isn't coming off.

I just got some stuff at Sam's- says it is for commercial use only-
and you definitely want to use gloves.

"Proforce"- works wonders on baked on grease- says it is good for
ovens, grills, etc. The second ingredient [after water] is Sodium
Hydroxide aka lye. Comes in a handy spray bottle.

OTOH- its a rental. . .get it close and paint it.

Jim