Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] amyotte@personainternet.com is offline

Default Does it harm a self propelled mower to be pulled back with the drive disengaged?

On May 1, 10:10 pm, Harry K wrote:
On May 1, 2:32 pm, wrote:

I am looking at buying a self propelled lawnmower and was a store
today and the clerk said that is hard on the mower when you pull it
back. So if I cut forward into a tight area I would need to pull it
back also. He showed my on a model he had, don't recall the brand,
and there was resistance felt and what felt like a gear click.
I went to Sears and ask this question and they had not heard of that
being a problem. Once the drive lever is released there didn't appear
to be any resistance.

Is there merrit in the first clerks comment about the reverse thing?

Brian

Why would you even want to pull it back with teh drive engaged?

I didn't say that.

The clerk said and showed me that the gears on the mower were still
engaged enough to resist backward pulling. Will have to go back and
see what model he showed me.

Brian