Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk Adam Funk is offline

Default Running an extractor fan for long periods (damp cellar)?

On 2007-05-01, Lurch wrote:

I had a dehumidifier and was thinking about getting an automatic pump,
because I was tired of emptying the tank every day and because it
would fill up and shut off when I was away --- but the dehumidifier
failed recently, so I'm looking for an easy, low-maintenance solution!

You can get dehumidifiers with pumps built in,

Really, where? (I haven't seen any.)

failing that though an automatic pump is an easy addition. You just
want a condensate pump from a plumbers merchants.

When I was looking into this last time, the plumbing supplier I phoned
(just before the old dehumidifier died) seemed a little surprised I
thought he would have such a thing.