Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] moldshield.1@fuse.net is offline

Default Flooded basement and Mold

On Apr 23, 9:52 am, Just Joshin wrote:
On 19 Apr 2007 03:59:40 -0700, Healthy Stealthy

wrote:
Hello,

Our basement is still getting flooded after five days! We are pumping
out the water as fast as we can. We have carpet down there and
furniture.

We are going to hire a company like Chemdry to get the water out and
put fans in.
However, I just learned that only certain companies specialize inMold
remediation. Should I get a company that does both? Do companies even
do both? Or should I have it cleaned out then decide of themoldis
forming?

What is the logical way to go?

I don't wantmold.

Thanks for your help.

First get rid of the cause, the water. As formold, it has to reach a
certain level before even the EPA recommends amoldexpert. Might be
just mildew. For some reading: http://www.epa.gov/mold/ If it was
me, I would remove the moisture asap, and all the food for themold.
Just a guess...

tom @ www.URLBee.com- Hide quoted text -