Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grease around Stove (Impossible to Remove)

Ask for the stuff Limbaugh reccomends. Greased Lighning. It's lye
and some soap. Much the same as oven cleaner. Definitely needs
gloves, lye eats skin.

I've had good results with Simple Green. And I like the root beer
barrel scent. Nylon scrubby pads, gloves, rinse.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"thehick" wrote in message
ps.com...
: I am cleaning up a rental (you know what that means) apartment
: and the grease on the walls around the stove is proving very
: difficult to remove. Tried: Baking Soda, TSP, Dishwashing
: Detergent, Bleach, WD40, Lysol, Spray Nine. Tomorrow I'll
: try Dunk (automotive degreaser). It just isn't coming off.
:
: I guess I could scrape it too and then sand it but that'll
: make an unholy dusty mess of the kitchen. We want to
: paint the whole apartment so if the paint comes off,
: that's OK too. Underneath is probably plaster. Not drywall.
:
: Any other suggestions? thanks...thehick
: