Posted to alt.home.repair
Remi Remi is offline

Default Does it harm a self propelled mower to be pulled back with the drive disengaged?

As long as the drive is released there should be no problem. I've used a
self-propelled Toro for years and never had a problem going backwards once
the drive was released. By the way....I highly recommend Toro. Good luck.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking at buying a self propelled lawnmower and was a store
today and the clerk said that is hard on the mower when you pull it
back. So if I cut forward into a tight area I would need to pull it
back also. He showed my on a model he had, don't recall the brand,
and there was resistance felt and what felt like a gear click.
I went to Sears and ask this question and they had not heard of that
being a problem. Once the drive lever is released there didn't appear
to be any resistance.

Is there merrit in the first clerks comment about the reverse thing?

Brian