Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default OT Renting a car

longshot wrote:

even if you think you bring it back completely full, you can be
charged $6.00 for every gallon that they can fit into that tank. They
hold a meter device up to it & it reads the volume. I have done this
both ways. It cost more to try & take the cheaper way out. It is
definitely not worth the BS.

Never had any problems like that. I always use a national company.
When I receive the car I take note where the filling stations are
nearby. Then when the time comes to return the car I fill up nearby.
Only once was I asked if the tank was full and I said yes, filled up at
the "xxx" gas station, and that I had the receipt if they desired a look.