Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Builder put window in wrong place

On 1 May 2007 11:42:15 -0700, kris3432 wrote:

Thank for all your comments. I called My realtor this morning, she
went out to the house and she thought the uncentered window "wasn't
that bad" and something "she would have never noticed." I insisted
she call the builder or the builder's agent and she did and got back
with me in an hour. Apparently the builder went out to the site and
says he is "quite embarrased" that he didn't catch the error
himselft. He said he would fix it ASAP.

I am a little bothered by how my realtor felt that it wasn't a big
enough deal to warrant attention, but one I told her I didn't care
what she thought that I wanted it fixed she took care of it.

My husband and I have decided to drive to the house this weekend to
see the house and make sure no other issues are hidden.

Thanks again.

I used to date a divorced girl who had, with her husband, had a home
built. They would go almost every day after work to look at the
house.

The builders did a lot of things wrong and he always wanted it done
right, while she for some reason never cared**.

The two that he mentioned when I met him included one like yours. They
put a door in so it swung the wrong way. Into the powder room, so
once you entered, you couldn't shut the door behind you and you
couldn't get to the sink or the toilet, I forget which.

Also, they started putting in the baseboards in the hall before the
tile was finished. So the baseboard was correct where the tile had
been installed, and it was too low where there was no tile yet. The
thickness of the tile and the adhesive.

The husband figued that the model they looked at at the entrance to
the street was built by good builders, and the other homes were built
by anyone they could find. This was a 20 lot street with several
sample blueprints that could be modified, like making the dining room
smaller and the kitchen bigger.

**She thinks the house is what ruined their marriage, but knowing her,
I think she was the problem. Maybe he was too, but not the house.