Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Meghan Noecker Meghan Noecker is offline

Default In-house visit by a "Rainbow vacuum" salesperson

My parents had one for over 20 years. It always worked great, and I
didn't think much about it.

When I was in college, I lost my job and started cleaning houses while
looking for a regular job. I was diagnosed with asthma and had a
really rough winter. The problem is I was using the vacuum cleaners
provided at the houses. I never knew it, but that water tank vacuum
cleaner was keeping me from asthma problems.

Changing a bag or getting a clogged hose would set off asthma attacks
for a week. But with the rainbow, all I had to do was empty a water
tank, and I'm not allergic to mud.

I currently have a Eureka vacuum with a canister. It's better than the
bags since I can see when it is full and carefully empty it without
too much dust in the air. I still have more allergy problems than I
used to.

I would love to get another Rainbow vac, but I can't afford to buy a
spendy one, and even the used ones are usually over $500. I almost had
a good trade for one on craigslist, but after setting up the trade,
the person stopped responding.

I can see why a lot of people wouldn't want one, but if you have
allergies and have trouble with emptying out the dirt, a rainbow might
be a great choice for you. Also, since the dirt is going through the
water bowl, you don't need to buy and change filters a lot.