Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default concrete driveway: thickness ; mesh or not ?

fredinstl wrote:

I was also wondering whether I should (or not) add wire or fiber mesh.
Somehow, I was told by one contractor no charge for that. Why would
they do it for free, and what's the benefits ?

In my area they are using a lot of concrete with fiberglass fibers in
the mix. It does the same thing as wire mesh and rebar - keeps any
small cracks from becoming big cracks. I have a double wide drive, the
original side with concrete/wire and the other newer side with
fiberglass imbedded concrete only. After 14 years of comparison,
there is no structural difference between the two sides.
-KC