Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Builder put window in wrong place

On May 1, 1:42 pm, kris3432 wrote:
Thank for all your comments. I called My realtor this morning, she
went out to the house and she thought the uncentered window "wasn't
that bad" and something "she would have never noticed." I insisted
she call the builder or the builder's agent and she did and got back
with me in an hour. Apparently the builder went out to the site and
says he is "quite embarrased" that he didn't catch the error
himselft. He said he would fix it ASAP.

I am a little bothered by how my realtor felt that it wasn't a big
enough deal to warrant attention, but one I told her I didn't care
what she thought that I wanted it fixed she took care of it.

My husband and I have decided to drive to the house this weekend to
see the house and make sure no other issues are hidden.

Thanks again.

Maybe the builder isn't such a scum after all... Probably most
unfortunate you couldn't have dealt with him directly all along--but,
if he's a large operator, I can understand how he would prefer to only
deal w/ one or a few rather than every individual.

OTOH, sounds like your agent is incompetent at best, duplicitous or in
(or trying to get in) cahoots w/ the builder (or more likely, the
builder's agent) at worst. Might be worth checking on the actual
details of the contract you have w/ him/her to see what it says about
source(s) of compensation and representation and conflict of
interest. If, indeed, it implies or states that she/he is indeed,
only on your nickel supposedly, I'd start documenting these things
fully and it might become worthy of a letter to your state board.

And, I'll repeat...you _do_ have counsel waiting in the wings, right?