Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default How in the heck do I hang things in a 1920's building?!?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"EXT" wrote in message
2 - The walls may be strong enough to hold a light picture frame but not
strong enough to hold a surround sound speakers.

Have you checked the size and weight of surround sound speakers these
days? If the wall can't carry them you'd better get out of the house as it
will collapse. Most speakers weigh about 2 pounds.

1 - I was talking about hanging them on old plaster, as it may not hold the
weight. One would need to find a stud if there is one.

2 - Yes, I have checked out the size and weight of surround sound speakers.
I just hung a bunch. The cheap junk can be quite small, but close to useless
for real good surround sound. Some, such as I was hanging, weigh about 8 to
12 pounds and need to be mounted solidly to prevent the weight and vibration
from pulling them down.