Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬) Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬) is offline

Default Hardwood Floor Installation Help

Rookie_Remodeler wrote:
Hello,

I have a 1920s house I am remodelling and got to the floor phase.
Decided for hardwood. Problem is that the upper floor sagged about
15mm (in the centre) over the years and I cannot push the floor back
up.

My first instincts would be to remove all floor back to the joists then
start from scratch.
Solid wood floor is extremely noisy and whipping up the old floor would
allow for the addition of insulation between joist which would also
absorb alot of sound rather than give it scope to bounce back up again.

Trouble is... as I found out... you think while I'm back to scratch and
installing insulation, I may as well install underfloor heating (wet)
which then, for me lead to having to re-wire and re-plumb. All of which
needed doing anyway.

A bit more info might help.

"upper floor" do you mean up-stairs of simply the current floor surface
(floor boards or WHY)

better to do the job properly first time than spend money on a nice
floor which is ruined by bodging the install.

Pete

http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
http://trade-price-supplements.co.uk - Bulk Order Supps. at Trade Prices