Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default is it possible to repair a cracked floorboard?

Joe wrote:
I have a creak in my living room and upon further inspection in my
basement I noticed that one of the floorboards under the hardwood
flooring has cracked. Is there a way to fix it without taking up the
hardwood flooring and replacing the entire board? The crack extends
about 12" and is very accessible from the basement, I was wondering
if there was a way to clamp it together to keep the cracked parts
from rubbing so much.

Bridge the split area with another board screwed to it from
underneath. Kinda doubt that is the source of your creak as the
finished floor isn't/shouldn't be laid parallel to the sub-floor.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...