Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default In-house visit by a "Rainbow vacuum" salesperson

Or the one at the store. The guy was explaining the odor remover
product, and how it did such a good job. He took a cloth, and
squirted on some vinegar. And offered to let me smell. And then a
squirt of his deodorizing stuff.

Well, anyone with my chemistry background knows that vinegar
smell is account of acetic acid. And most cleaners are alkaline.
I could have gotten the same result with a crushed Tums, just
neutralize the acid.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message
:
: "Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
:
:
: A similar sales ploy was for a brand of salt that was mined
rather than sea
: salt. The salesman would start his speial about how the pure
salt was taken
: from deep in underground mines whereas the sea salt was salt
water left in
: big ponds to evaporate with all the sea gulls flying over head
and all of
: the fish guts tainting the flavor of the salt. He then would
dip an apple
: wedge in his brand of salt and ask the prospect to taste.
Salty apple.
: Then he would dip another apple wedge into the competitors salt
and urge the
: prospect to taste. Since the first bite had loaded up the salt
receptors in
: the prospect's mouth and their mind was filled with the vision
of fish guts
: and seagull poop the second dose of salt tasted really foul.
:
:
: --
: Roger Shoaf
: If you are not part of the solution, you are not dissolved in
the solvent.
:
:
: