Posted to alt.home.repair
fredinstl fredinstl is offline

Default concrete driveway: thickness ; mesh or not ?

I am going to have my asphalt driveway removed and replaced by a
concrete driveway.
The driveway is about 1000 sq ft, with some slope.
I have a couple of bids already in. By code, it will be 6" at street.
One contractor suggested to go with 5" instead of the typical 4" for
an extra $550. Is that worth the extra expense ?
I was also wondering whether I should (or not) add wire or fiber mesh.
Somehow, I was told by one contractor no charge for that. Why would
they do it for free, and what's the benefits ?

thanks.

Fred.