Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central Air Condensation Drain

AC condensation is just water, with a trace of dust. So, yes, it
can be poured into the ground. Will raise the humidity under the
house.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
: Central air conditioning system was installed about 18 months
ago.
: While under my house today (crawl space) I noticed that the
drain for
: the a/c is connected to the drain pipe for the washing machine.
We
: recently got a new washing machine that must have a stronger
pump than
: the old one because now water from the washer is going back up
the a/c
: drain tube. Can the drain from the a/c be disconnected from
the
: washer drain pipe (use a plug on the pipe) and have the a/c
drain onto
: the ground in the crawl space?
: