Posted to uk.d-i-y
Des Des is offline

Default Conservatory Access Ladders

"Peter Andrews" wrote in message
news

I don't know, but I'm flabbergasted(!) to note that they consider a ladder
to be adequately secured using a suction cup on double glazing!!

Peter

Thanks

As I understand it the suction cups just act as stand-offs rather than as a
means of securing the ladder. The real stability looks to come from the
cross bearers resting on the roof members, plus there is an additional
safety strap you can secure to the conservatory ridge. Provided you get the
base levelled and the cat-ladder strapped on, the assembly look pretty
stable to me compared with a regular ladder.

But there's no substitute for experience.

Des