Posted to alt.home.repair
kris3432 kris3432 is offline

Default Builder put window in wrong place

Sorry I wasn't clear. Anytime I call about an issue they act like my
issue isn't a big deal... nothing I should complain about. Like the
builder was going to move the laundry room wall another three feet
into the garage, and didn't do it. But, I was told by my realtor that
since he wasn't charging us for this change there was nothing I could
do about him not doing it. It was also a verbal agreement, and was
not in the contract... so it was a lesson learned for me. Also, he
placed a door opening in the opposite direction that the plans
showed... when I called about it and spoke to the realtor I was told
that the plans were just wrong.

It is hard to say what the builder's attitude is. Unfortunately I have
very little direct contact with the builder, since i am required to
field all questions through my realtor and she fields them through his
realtor. Every question I have had has been like a game of telephone.

The window not be centered, just bothers me. The plans show it
centered and that is the way I want it.

Here is a link to the picture of just the side of the window:
http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s...housefront.jpg

Link to picture that shows both front rooms/windows:
http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=DCP_0952.jpg

Please let me know if you think I am being overally picky.

I plan to call my realtor in the morning.