Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tom.harrigan@gmail.com is offline

Default Changing house name ( OT).

On 29 Apr, 03:38, "bluebell" wrote:

By the way the issue is not so much with the post man who does seem to know
where I am. Its other deliveries - parceline, TNT etc. But it seems they
have more trade that the postie these days.
It was in fact the post man who told me that there was another house - or
two - with my name to cause confusion.

I changed the name of my house by emailing my District Council. I then
sent another email confirming the details were correct after they had
checked there was no conflicting name in my village. If you give your
local planning department a call, they will be able to tell you who to
contact. You then have to do all your utilities/accounts etc. but it
will eventually work its way through the system.

Regards