Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
user user is offline

Default In-house visit by a "Rainbow vacuum" salesperson

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:24:30 -0400, mc wrote:
Would that work with evangelists?

I doubt it. I never had to say a thing. Just tell door-to-door types
you're not interested while you are closing the door. Those of us who
do go around on occasion looking for people who are interested in
finding a church will appreciate it.

Put an ad in the yellow pages and leave us alone! Anybody who wants to
find a church can easily find one without your help.

A lot of people appreciate door-to-door visits from local churches;

Wow, you *are* deluded!

otherwise the churches would have stopped making them long ago.

No, it just shows that people who are deluded enough to go
door-to-door promoting their particular brand of fantasy don't
have a clue.

It's an
old-fashioned welcome-to-the-community thing.

"Hi! We're a bunch of nuts! Please join our club! We believe
in magical beings! Do you want to believe in a magical being too?"

Uh, no thanks.

I suppose next you'll want to
get rid of Girl Scout cookie selling.

Heck no. I LOVE thin mints.

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.