Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Receptacle and plug

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:49:53 -0400, (Herb and Eneva)
wrote:

I have a gas powered golf cart that is seldom used and the starting
battery is usualy dead. I would like to install a receptacle on the side
of the cart with wires going to the battery so I can plug in a trickle
charger and will not have to lift the seat and hook up various leads. If
I can keep the trickle charger plugged in then the battery should stay
charged. Do y`all think this is practical? What size wire
should I use? TIA Herb

I did that with my motorcycle. I used a two pin connector on the
charger end for which I had more than one matching half. So I may end
up putting similar wires on something else later, and be able to
easily move the battery charger from one to another.

When I had a 6-volt car, it need a totally full charge to start when
it was really cold, so I put a small charger in the engine compartment
an ddangled the cord out through the grill. I plugged my car into an
extension cord whenever I was home. Worked fine all winter, except
New Years Eve when it was zero degrees. The tow truck couldn't start
it either that night.