Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Changing house name ( OT).

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:26:01 +0100, PL wrote:

I thought the Local Authority was responsible
for street naming and numbering and that the PO was, perhaps, just a
consultee in the process.

It is. However no-one these days cares about what the place is really
called, they care about what the PO has called it in the PAF. If you're
not in the PO's database, then you no longer exist.

I live in a house that used to be a house over a shop (physically it
still is). When the shop ceased to be commercial for council tax
purposes, the PO managed to delete the entire address and place a gap on
the terraced street. Bank accounts were no longer openable here, various
sorts of ecommerce checks no longer worked. A damn nuisance all round,
yet the PO were uninterested in doing anything about it.