Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Receptacle and plug

Herb and Eneva wrote:
I have a gas powered golf cart that is seldom used and the starting
battery is usualy dead. I would like to install a receptacle on the side
of the cart with wires going to the battery so I can plug in a trickle
charger and will not have to lift the seat and hook up various leads. If
I can keep the trickle charger plugged in then the battery should stay
charged. Do y`all think this is practical? What size wire
should I use? TIA Herb

Are you planning on leaving the trickle charger on the cart, or do you
want to plug the output of the trickle charger onto a receptacle on the
cart?

If the second one is what you're after, then there are all kinds of
possibilities, but I would stay away from standard home outlet receptacles.

Powercon or XLR connectors would both be available at audio supply
places. Another simple alternative would be an IEC C18 receptacle,
although you'd probably have to go to an electronics place for that.

Chris