Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How in the heck do I hang things in a 1920's building?!?

"missykrissy66" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello there! I am a young female that is NOT anything close to a
handyman, my man is a computer geek (even LESS handy), and I need
help! I want to hang pictures as well as heavy curtains/rods and
surround speakers in my place but everytime I try I make a huge hole.
I have some anchors that the maitenence man gave to me, a decent drill
and an wide array of different screw/nails/etc. and a hammer. HOW IN
THE HECK DO I HANG THIS CRAP? Please-HELP ME!

If you are a hot babe, have the neighbor man next door come over to help.

Otherwise, anchors and toggle bolts are best in plaster wall. You have to
drill a hole first, insert the anchor, then put in a screw. Put a piece of
tape over the place you want to drill and it helps prevent chipping.

Very light things can often be hung with just a hook nailed into the lath.