Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Receptacle and plug

Herb and Eneva wrote:
I have a gas powered golf cart that is seldom used and the
starting battery is usualy dead. I would like to install a
receptacle on the side of the cart with wires going to the battery
so I can plug in a trickle charger and will not have to lift the
seat and hook up various leads. If I can keep the trickle charger
plugged in then the battery should stay charged. Do y`all
think this is practical?

Sure. I did it with a garden tractor so I could plug in a
sprayer....body is ground so I just ran a wire from battery + to
receptacle, body to other side of receptacle.

What size wire should I use?

Look at the wires from the trickle charger that would normally hook to
battery...that size is fine. Probably #16, maybe even #18.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...