Posted to alt.home.repair
Arkadiy Arkadiy is offline

Default water in basement (continued)

mm wrote:

That certanly sounds like A problem. When my cement trough at the
bottom of a downspout fell backwards so it sloped towards the house, I
had a wet piece of sheetrock for a couple years.

Didn't do it any good. And I have to cut off the ruined 6 or 8
inches and replace it. It's in a corner of the room behind the
fireplace and below a chair so no one sees it, but I know it's there.

When I put rocks under the trough, the area inside dried up (I think).
And the trough is only ?? 16 or 18 inches long.

Well it definitely not 18 inches

A large area of my backyard is covered with concrete slobs. Now all
this concrete is sloped toward the house. It always made me nervous,
but didn't cause visible problems until recent noreaster. I will
definitely have to deal with this, but I don't know if this should be
my first priority right now.