Posted to alt.home.repair
kris3432 kris3432 is offline

Default Builder put window in wrong place

We are building a house long distance, about 8 hours away (military
move). Some friends of ours went to the house this past weekend to
take some pictures for us.

The house has a room on each side that comes out from the front of the
house. Each bedroom has a two connected windows on the front. Both
of the windows are supposed to be centered on the wall. On one side
the windows are centered the other is not. It looks like it is off-
center by at least two feet.

I have contacted my realtor or the builder about this problem yet
because I am unsure how to go about it. Every issue that I have had
so far has been treated like "nothing to be bothered about."

The house has all the siding and drywall up. Although, the drywall
has not been finished yet.

What should I do? The un-centered window bothers me a lot. I guess I
could plant a tall bush on that side of the house to distract from the
error. We will only be living in the house about 4 years. I do not
want to do anything that will keep us from moving in the house on
time. (about 7 weeks).

Thanks for your help.