Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply is offline

Default In-house visit by a "Rainbow vacuum" salesperson

mm wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:26:46 -0700, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to
reply wrote:

Have you seen the movie "Secondhand Lions"? The two old guys in the
movie did the same thing.

I used to LOOOOVE when door-to-door vacuum salespeople would come by to
try to sell us a vacuum cleaner. I would open the door when they
knocked, and all of a sudden their eyes would go round as saucers and
they would say, "Oh, what lovely hardwood floors!" and sort of back off. LOL

Would that work with evangelists?

I doubt it. I never had to say a thing. Just tell door-to-door types
you're not interested while you are closing the door. Those of us who
do go around on occasion looking for people who are interested in
finding a church will appreciate it.