Posted to alt.home.repair
topgun topgun is offline

Default Pump works but the water doesn't move anywhere

On Apr 30, 11:45 am, wrote:
On 30 Apr 2007 07:24:25 -0700, topgun wrote:

Hi,

The pump turn on but is no water in the lines so the water doesn't
move. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vincent

The impeller is probably "spun". They thread on the end of the motor
shaft and the threads can strip. This is a fairly cheap item and
usually easy to replace. On a "bell end motor" there are 4 bolts that
hold the bell to the part that gets plumbed into the system so you can
take the motor and impeller off without disturbing the piping. While
you have it apart check the ceramic seal and bearings.

Be sure the power is off ... blah blah

I did it at ready and saw the impeller doesn't look bad but I don't
know what look for, to know if is "spun". I have the bearings out and
the gasket. Anyway, What I need to do is replece the impeller, the
seal and gaskets?

Thanks,