Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron Vic Baron is offline

Default Ripping miter cuts

Using a left tilt saw, when ripping long miter cuts ( 36" ) do you use the
fence on the left of the blade or the right and why?

I find that when I use the fence on the right I have a hard time keeping the
stock against the fence, even with hold downs and push sticks it seems that
the stock wants to ride up the tilted blade.

I have not tried it with the fence on the left - for some reason it just
doesn't look safe to me and I like my fingers.

Considering getting a good large chamfer bit that will do a 45 miter on 4/4
stock.

Any thoughts on that?

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't