Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default New Gas Boiler and CH Maintenance

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:49:33 +0100, Vista wrote:

Hi all.
My parent's house (4 beds) needs a new gas boiler. Quotes for this and
to "modernise" the heating system range from just over 3K-4K - seems a
lot of money.
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the way to proceed. Is
this a reasonable price? How do I watch for rip-offs etc? What *needs*
doing from a legal point of view?
My ideas are 1) scrap the gas completely and go all electric (is this
possible with a water-based radiator system? Is it feasible on the cost
front? Perhaps going with economy 7 for hot water (currently have a
lagged tank in the airing cupboard).

Any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated.

Vista

Much background info in the BoilerChoice FAQ linked below.