Posted to rec.knives,rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech
Nomen Nescio Nomen Nescio is offline

Default __measure__ sharpness ?

DougVL wrote:

There's so many posts in this thread that I haven't read them all yet,
but I feel compelled to point out that the original poster wanted to
measure sharpness, NOT effectiveness.
Although he didn't say why, it seems quite possible that he might just
want to compare or measure sharpness for its own sake. *Or for use with
only one shape of blade and one type of material being cut. *Maybe for
just one specific knife, even, say his daily-carry pocket knife.

I did point out, (I seem to recall), that the only use I could see for such
a test, was to judge a sharpness competition.
--
Nomen Nescio