Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Festool (not Fats) Domino and such ilk.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is an interesting tool. Same money as the Domino, roughly.
The standard 32 mm spacing is appealing.

http://www.hoffmann-usa.com/htm/pds32/pds32.htm

Add a mitre saw:

http://www.hoffmann-usa.com/htm/mite..._Miter_Saw.htm

and then find out we're doing it all wrong:

http://www.hoffmann-usa.com/htm/keys/intro-keys.htm

Nonetheless, a very interesting company.

I know of at least two shops who need such a system as they use a lot of
dowels. Maybe I can get them to buy it so I can borrow it. (wishful
thinking, I know)

The system is a little rich for me, as I could never get it approved by the
treasurer, but I can lust after it. There is a big project I am consulting
on that this would be perfect for. I can include it in the proposal. Even
if they don't go for it, I will look good.

Thanks for the info. I will file it and scheme on acquiring something like
this for my own personal use. (The wish list is getting very long)

One potential problem would be the old imperial versus metric thing again. I
am reasonably certain that the shops I know are all using imperial dowels.

This Hoffman company has some great, specialized tools. Way beyond the
needs of the average home shop. But if you were doing certain types of
production work, they would be very useful.