Posted to rec.knives,rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech
[email protected] alvinj@Example.com is offline

Default __measure__ sharpness ?

In rec.knives DougVL wrote:
There's so many posts in this thread that I haven't read them all
yet, but I feel compelled to point out that the original poster
wanted to measure sharpness, NOT effectiveness.

Although he didn't say why, it seems quite possible that he might
just want to compare or measure sharpness for its own sake. Or
for use with only one shape of blade and one type of material
being cut. Maybe for just one specific knife, even, say his
daily-carry pocket knife.
DougVL

Yeah, it prob'ly got lost in there somewhere... a "sharpness test"
-is-testing for cutting effectiveness, right?

snipped Brent's post
And yeah Brent took the ball and ran with it alright.
But scored.

Alvin in AZ