Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default Bathroom vent fan grinds to stop

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just this morning, my bathroom vent fan (NuTone model 769RL, a
combination fan/light) has started running to a halt when switched on
- it seems like the motor is working okay, but something is causing it
to seize up. I thought there might be some buildup clogging things but
it doesn't look like it - maybe a bearing burnt out?

Point being, is it an easy matter to replace the motor/fan? Is it
easier to switch out a motor or bite the bullet and buy an entire new
unit? (Of course, my DIY megastore doesn't have replacement motors up
on a display rack)

VMacek

Pretty easy job to replace. Parts readily available and certainly less
expensive then the whole unit. See he

http://www.ventingdirect.com/nutoneparts/index.cfm