Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] AAllc.architects@gmail.com is offline

Default Seashell driveway?

On Apr 29, 8:03 pm, jtpr wrote:
I want to do a seashell driveway in our new home we're moving to.
Anybody have an idea where you go to get material? This is on the
seacoast of NH.

-jim

In South Carolina we use crushed oyster shell.
Shell has to be washed to remove salt an other contaminants.
There are commercial crushers who resell.
Crushed shell is sprinkled over surface of concrete before it sets up.
It is then trowled in, concrete is allowed to set up overnight then
the top surface is hosed down to expose shell
It's best to find a pro with experience in the process.