Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Leaving Air Compressor Full

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
If the compressor is full of water, will the water put out the fire
after the ungrounded dust collector explosion?

Yabbut, that depends upon whether the HP rating of the compressor is correct
for its voltage, whether the circuit ampacity is properly sized for start up
voltage, with NEC approved and properly sized conductors attached to a
circuit breaker, of sufficient ampacity, in a properly grounded, or properly
ungrounded, sub panel.

But hey, look on the bright side ... the BIG question has been answered!
Whether or not that damp spot on the shop floor is actually from rising sea
levels due to human induced global warming, the shop dog not being let out,
or water leaking from the compressor tank?

Gee ... just think, now that we know how/why it got there on a molecular
level, we don't have to worry about that no more!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07