Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ryan Weihl Ryan Weihl is offline

Default 12V 3Amp monitor - can I use a 12V 4.5 Amp battery? Help please

David D wrote:

Ha, I do like their return policy though.

Ok, I found a battery - $24.00 - 12V 4.5amp so therefore I am going
to only get 1.5 hours out of the monitor, right? Ok, I also picked up
a female sleeve for a 12V lighter - but it is called "VDC 12V", is
that the same?
I guess I am going to have to spend more money to get a larger battery
with more Amps, right?

On Apr 28, 12:40 pm, "Homer J Simpson" wrote:
"DaveM" wrote in message

I went to Canadian Tire to find the 12V cordless
drill batteries

There's problem one. Don't go to Canadian Slime.

I wish you people would get your terminology right.
Nowhere do I see anybody talking about Ah (amphours/Battery capacity)
A battery does not produce Amps, what you mean the battery
produces 12V(DC) at 4.5Ah for 1 hour (amp hours). Thats 12V for 4.5
hours at 1Amp load. If the monitor needs 1.5A, the you take the 4.5 Ah
from the battery and divide this by 1.5A load from the monitor and it
will tell you how long the monitor will run.
rw