Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default New Gas Boiler and CH Maintenance (quote details)

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:57:01 +0100, Vista mused:

Lurch wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:38:21 +0100, Vista mused:

So far nobody has mentioned the electricity only route, and whether that
might be viable. I guess the water radiators would have to go,

No, you could use an electric boiler but it is hugely more inefficient
than a gas\oil boiler.

but so
would the cost of the new boiler and the annual servicing.

But running costs would spiral upwards.

Anybody know anything about economy 7 or 10 or whatever it's called
these days? My experience E7 heating is that it's crap, but hot water
has been excellent.

If there's an option to have gas or oil fired then forget about
electric.

Why not (individually controlled) electric heaters in each room running
on night electric?

Convenience\usability and running costs mainly.
--
Regards,
Stuart.