Peter Ashby

Default OT - Domestic Safe

In article ,
Andrew McKay wrote:

On 11 Jul 2003 03:33:11 -0700, (MarkM) wrote:

Might be a good idea to have a not-very-expensive,
not-very-well-hidden, not-very-well-attatched safe full of scrap lead,
and meanwhile continue to keep your valuables under the water tank
/wherever. You at least have the satisfaction of knowing that any
thieves have had a hernia and several hours bashing a safe to end up
with junk, rather than trashing the stuff you really care about....

Or taking their frustration out on the house.

The police advise you not to lock drawers or doors on wooden furniture
as thieves will simply cause lots of damage forcing them open. Well
designed hidden compartments are a far better option.

There is often quite a bit of space behind modern wall mounted kitchen
cabinets too, well out of sight.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.