Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Off to Lowes for another appliance...

George wrote:

Are you a Lowes employee? That doesn't even make sense that appliances
would be fitted as you described.

No, but I can read. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Here's
just one example: Go to the Lowes website and look at this fridge:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=241391-2251-FRS3LR5ES&lpage=none

Now go to the Frigidare web site and try to find that model. The closest you'll
find is this:

http://www.frigidaire.com/products/refrigerators/side-by-side/Standard_Depth/prod_FRS6R5ES.asp

Compare the feature and you'll find they are identical, except that the Lowes
model has an energy star compressor and the other does not. Note that the L in
the model number indicates that it's a Lowes specific model. They aren't the
only ones to do this. Sears does it as well.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars