Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default Screwgun Recommendation

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mike Dobony wrote:
I have an old, but great condition Skil Screwgun model 6906. Great
except
that the bit holder no longer holds the bit in place. Unfortunately Skil
no
longer makes any screwgun and needless to say they do not have any parts
available for this screwgun. I am therefore looking for a new gun.
Harbor
Freight's gun looks exactly like the DeWalt screwgun and at $39.99 is
tempting to get with the 2 year extended warranty (I overheard some pros
talking about buying the HF roofing guns and extended warranty and
getting
new ones all the time on HF). My other tempting option is a Ridgid R6000
from Home Depot because when I register it I can get a lifetime warranty
(VERY tempting). Anybody have any experience with either of these?
Thanks.

Mike D.

Check out the Senco Duraspin line on Amazon.com. The box store types
aren't in the same ballpark. A Senco will probably last you many times
longer than the cheapoes and their service and parts are great. And
they come with a no hassle warranty. HTH

Joe

I don't see any that use uncollated screws. The collated screws are VERY
expensive compared to the loose screws and do not have the variety of styles
and sizes available in loose boxed screws (trim screws for instance or pan
head).