Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default tree roots

On Apr 29, 1:15 am, FM wrote:
mm wrote :

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:35:29 -0600, "news" wrote:

My neighbor has a tree with a big surface root
coming under the fence, and into my yard. My
neighbor could care less about the tree, and
expressed an interest in getting rid of the tree.
The surface root is raising the fence and Iwant to
retard the growth of this root so it does not bust
the fence. Can I drill some holes into the root and
pour something in it to kill the root and the tree...

what would work??? thank you in advance

I hope you aren't the jerk of a neighbor we had around here a couple of
years ago. I had a big tree in my yard that was there before I moved in.
Then 15 years later the jerk moved in. One night I smelled gasoline. Come
to find out the jerk dug a hole in my other neighbor's lawn and poured the
gasoline in the tree root. It killed the tree and in a wind storm the tree
fell and took down power lines with it. That guy was such an A-hole. I
sent the police to his house to ask questions.

Why not adjust the fence, you might kill the tree adjusting roots, but
it sounds like you only care about your lousy fence. Tree benefits are
numerous.