Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Furnace Life

On Apr 29, 4:53 am, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:
Is there an average life that one can expect from a gas furnace? I have a
furnace that is at least 20 years old, and the exhaust motor is making the
same noise as the last time, when it needed replacement. That was a few
hundred dollars.

So, I am wondering if I should just replace the furnace with something more
efficient, rather than sink money into it. As I understand it, furnaces of
this vintage are only about 60% efficient.

Why not run efficency numbers to help you decide they go to 96% and
VSDC motors save about 1/3 in electricity.