Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Off to Lowes for another appliance...

trainfan1 wrote:

Sonny wrote:
trainfan1 wrote:
Second one in less than a year.

-snip-
They must have some serious buying power.

-snip-

It must depend on region?

And luck-of -the-draw. We got our dishwasher at Lowe's 3 years ago-
Freezer at Appliance Giant that year- Refrig & stove from Sears last
year- and washer/dryer from a local mom&pop this spring. [bad few
years for appliances- all were nearly 20yrs old- and except for the
refrigeration units I've repaired them at some point, but they had
major failures. . .. the furnace is all that's left I think]

The mom&pop, BTW, if anyone is near Schenectady, NY is Marcella's. I
dropped in there on a hunch thinking they were probably high, but I've
heard good things about them. They beat Lowes by $150 on a $600
dryer-- and beat Boscov's sale price by $50.

Jim