Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Changing house name ( OT).

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:53:58 +0100, "bluebell"
wrote:

I can see the only solution to this is for me to change my name ( as the
post office have allowed the other two to have our house name. They cannot
be changed now , so I have to change, even though we had the name longest)

So what do I do to change the house name?

I'm sure people round here just get a plaque made up and nail it on
the door, and if they get chance catch the postman and point it out to
him.

However ...

Maybe you could add one more line of detail into your address, such as
Nr. Station Rd, Ambridge. or Off Coldfield Lane, Hotten etc.

If you live down an anonymous lane or drive put a signpost on the end
of the lane where it joins the road. That seems to be the norm in
leafy Surrey.

DG