Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Changing house name ( OT).

On 2007-04-29 09:53:59 +0100, Peter Parry said:

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:30:23 +0100, "bluebell"
wrote:

The oricle tells me my address is exactly as I already know it is - so what
use is that?

It tells you what every parcel delivery company thinks it is as well.
They all use the PAF for addressing as do most companies for order
checking etc.

I know my address. The problem is there are now two others with very similar
ones ( ie same name , similar postcodes) and someone has to give and it
has to be me cos I aint getting my mail and such , other people are.

Then you need to talk to your local authority. Even if you change
the name it may take a long time to promulgate. Although the PAF is
changed quite frequently not all subscribers take all updates and
many users are 6-12 months or more out of date.

More would be the operative word. I still get mail addressed with
a business name that I last used nearly ten years ago. It's still in
the incompetent Post Office's database, despite numerous requests for
them to remove it.