Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default Tigerwood vs Kempas vs Brazilian Cherry

In article .com,
) says...
We are ripping up some carpet and putting down some engineered wood
flooring (concrete slab foundation in home).

The problem is we have pets and kids and I do not want a floor that
gets overly scratched and damaged. It needs to be a very hard and
durable wood. So far, tigerwood, kempas, and Brazilian cherry seem to
be at the top of the list. The tigerwood seems to have some UV
coloration issues, but looks nice. The kempas is hard to find. The
cherry is more expensive.

Anyone have opinions on these 3 woods that might help out with my
decision?

I put down tiger wood, but the real stuff, not the engineered flooring.
It has been very resistant to claw marks, and I have 4 dogs. It has
only been down for a couple of years, so I can't tell you about long
term durability, but it looks good so far.

I have low-E glass in my windows, so UV is not an issue.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.