Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Derwin Derwin is offline

Default Tried to recap a tube receiver, and failed.

In article , says...

I forgot to mention one thing. What is the voltage rating of the caps
you changed? Is it the same of higher than the ones you replaced?

Of course. And from now on, if I don't respond to a question that assumes I am
dumber than I am, assume the answer is that I wasn't that dumb, Ok? For
example, if the next thing someone asks is if I plugged the power cord into a
power socket in the wall, assume that I did when I don't bother responding.

If I didn't know that I had to replace caps with an equal or higher voltage
rating, I wouldn't have tried re-capping the unit in the first place. In fact,
I would think that anyone who didn't know that wouldn't know the difference
between electrolytic caps and wax paper ones anyway.